WV is about as 2A friendly as they come. Prices for real estate are rising, but nothing like some places. HS internet might be lacking in some more rural areas. Public hunting land is abundant, and in a few select bowhunting-only counties, there are some real monsters. Elsewhere, maybe not so much. Besides deer, we have a good many bears and even a few true European boars that may be hunted (until they’re all gone). Elk are in progress due to programs in neighboring states that make it feasible. Turkeys and small game are everywhere. The Governor is working hard to reduce taxes. There’s skiing, whitewater rafting, hiking, fishing; all that good stuff.

Main downsides are limited employment opportunity, and in some depressed rural areas, drugs and property crime are pretty bad. I’m very happy here in the Eastern Panhandle, and am too old to move, otherwise I’d consider a more central location like Pocahontas County.

I came from the Peoples Republic of Maryland, and now that my father’s estate is about settled, I may never venture into that vale of tears again, except to pass through on my way to PA once in a while. I’m staying out of VA more and more too, though the neighboring counties aren’t so bad as the D.C. suburbs. Aside from the need to visit cemeteries elsewhere, I could stay within the the confines of WV forever with absolutely no hardship.

Just don’t come here packing any Liberal baggage.

What fresh Hell is this?