Unfortunately, Idaho is sinking into a liberal morass.

Boise, their largest city, now has a liberal Democrat female mayor. The whole area of Boise west to Oregon is a drug dealer’s paradise, and crime is on a serious upswing. Californians are swamping the state by the thousands and real estate prices are skyrocketing.

Someone mentioned Nevada as a possibility - I’ve lived in the Reno/Sparks area of Nevada for almost 20 years now. It gets hot in the summer, but low humidity means it gets beautifully cool every evening, and if you get up early enough in the morning you can get outdoor work done without keeling over with sunstroke.

It does snow, but not much – the main difficulty is getting over the pass on Hwy 80 if you have relatives in CA, as I do – but 4-wheel drive and some good tires generally take care of that. Entertainment, education and medical care are all top-rate.

There is some good hunting and fishing here, but you generally have to travel anywhere from a few to several hours to get there, and you have to be pretty lucky to get a tag for the really good areas.

The problem here is the same that is destroying so many beautiful places – we somehow just elected a liberal Democrat governor even though the state is solidly red everywhere but in a single county. At the same time, we somehow elected a majority Democrat legislature (Soros and his voting machines?). So what we get is a bill shoved through the necessary committees that is put before the legislature just hours before the vote is to be taken, then passed by an unbreakable party-line vote.

The governor, of course, signs any piece of liberal crap put on his desk (especially if it has anything to do with 2A rights), with the result being the state is rapidly becoming Eastern California.

Add to that a population boom that is bringing increased traffic and crowding everywhere you go, and this place is becoming unbearable for a small-town conservative like me.

As much as I’ve loved living here, I wouldn’t recommend it for the OP.

Last edited by czech1022; 05/20/21.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke