Originally Posted by Sprint11
IWhat are y'all's opinions? Just gathering all info possible to decide where to vamoose too. (Is it correct to use two apostrophe's in one word?)

I can't think of much that would entice me to move farther east than the foothills of the Rockies and maybe the Dakotas. It would take a lot of money guaranteed up front and be a temporary situation guaranteed up front.

Politics are a thing, taxes are a thing, no way around that. There is an amount of politics and taxes I'd put up with if the tradeoff is good enough hunting and fishing ... there are no utopias, no place that is perfect. It's a question of finding the most advantageous, or least disadvantageous, compromise.

Oregon is home. There are issues but I've grown up playing the system to get what I want out of it. It would be hard to leave. At the same time, not knowing the ropes, it might be hard to get started in. My first choices if I were to leave would be Idaho, Montana, possibly Wyoming, and some of the more mountainous parts of Nevada and Utah. Could consider parts of Colorado, New Mexico, and maybe Arizona ... maybe even California ... but probably not Washington. I don't know enough about real Alaska vs dream Alaska to be sure 'bout that one.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...