Originally Posted by DingoDuk
dirt farmer.
I put a SB vari-m on the pre 64 375 H&H it has about 3.5” of eye relief and if I’m not holding on tight it will kiss my brow.
It shoots 300 Aframes under Moa for three with 75 grains of RL17 fed215’s at 2620.

Great video I will get some pictures taken and post them when I have a chance.

The .416 Rem in the video wears a Trijicon 1-4. I'm not sure the actual ER, but it seems adequate. BTW, it's a fine scope with great glass. It's tough and holds it's settings. I like the triangle reticle on a gun like this, it's fast to pick up and has a clean field of view. To me, at 1X, it's faster than irons. My bud didn't want irons, says his eyes have "matured" beyond that. Mine, too... wink

I was using a target I made; I covered a 4x4 piece of thin plywood with black plastic sheeting, painted it white, stenciled red targets. Works like a Dirty Bird target, shows bullet holes really well. In this case, the triangle fit perfectly in the red bull, forming a pie shape in the bottom quadrant of the target, very repeatable. That just worked out by accident, but was pretty neat.

Shooting the 400 NPT, the gun had been sighted for 350 Speers, the first shot was a bit low, I adjusted the scope once, shot two, adjusted again shot two more, left it there. The target was at 67 yds. Nothing magic about that distance, just a convenient set up due to a limb sticking up from recent storm debris, a handy spot to lean the plywood target. Just two rounds a group doesn't make, but gives a good idea. Now if someone wants to come shoot the 10 shot, Fire specified groups, I'll supply the ammo and watch.... grin

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 05/24/21.