I have hunted quite a bit with the .356 Winchester using two Big Bore Model 94’s.
For light deer and smaller pigs such as we see in West Texas don’t overlook the 200 grain RCBS gas check bullet. While intended for the .35 Remington the RCBS bullet fits the Winchester Model 94 throat and short leade very well.

With 200 grain JRN bullets Hodgdon 4198 is an excellent powder. H 41498 will deliver satisfying accuracy from the bench and excellent performance hunting. The bulk Remington and the Hornady round nose bullets give me the best results.
For lighter bodied deer the Sierra 200 grain bullet puts them on the ground quicker than the Speer 180 grain bullet in my experience.
From the 20” barrel Model 94 the 200 grain Remington , Hornady or Sierra bullets ahead of 37.0 grains of Hodgdon 4198 will deliver 2,225 fps and excellent performance on deer and pigs.
44.0 grains of Hodgdon 4895 will deliver the same velocity and accuracy in my rifles.

If you need more velocity Alliant Reloder 7 will deliver but the accuracy in my rifles is noticeably not as good as that delivered by Alliant Reloder 10x. 43.0 grains of of Alliant Reloder 10x is just about a maximum load with the Hornady bullet delivering 2,330 fps in my rifles, but it is good from 80 degrees to 32 degrees and, we may see both temperatures in the same week during deer season.

For highest velocities with the 200 grain bullets it is hard to best 49.0 grains of Winchester 748 giving 2,485 fps in my rifles.
44.0 grains of Alliant Reloder 10x will deliver 2,410 fps but the case is full and you need to seat the bullet in steps.
The Lee Factory crimp die helps here.
I am interested in other hunters experiences with different bullet weights in the .356 and .358 rifles. I find the 220 grain Speer to be too tough for our light frame deer. A mature buck running 160 pounds on the hoof and a Big buck running 180 pounds. Many more bucks will weigh 140 pounds before field dressing. The 220 grain Speer bullet was supposed to be intended for the .35 Remington I would like to hear about the size of exit wounds on cross body shots.
The 200 grain Sierra bullet has a light jacket. For cull does and spike bucks a broadside shot into the lungs above the heart with the Sierra bullet puts them down in their tracks quicker than any other bullet I have used.

Slim