I hope you get your stuff soon. I am on Terrova #2. The first one had a seal leak after giving good service and so I replaced it with a newer one. Good outfits. I use Lowrance myself and just reoutfitted the electronics this spring.

We are fortunate to have relatively deep boat ramps out here at the River and so almost everyone in town has bunk trailers. In the shallow dishpan lakes further east, the boat ramps can be quite torturously flat and roller trailers are common and for good reasons. Point being you can tell who's used to what when they are not in home water anymore. I had a hell of a time getting my boat on and off the bunks fishing up there two weeks ago, and the roller guys will dump a few boats off onto the concrete each summer when at the river.

Poking a little fun at George's neighbors and friends here but what is it with Iowans and Nebraskans and boat ramps? Do they give awards down there for slowest entry and parking? Is there a rule that all persons present must board at the same instant after carrying all their gear and accoutrements down the ramp individually?

Dakotans and Minnesotans, for the most part: Arrive at launch. Unstrap your boat, put your gear, bait, lunch, people in the boat, pull onto ramp and back it down, float it off, they tool around allowing others to use the ramp, until the driver parks and makes his way down where he steps in and off they go.

Iowans and Nebraskans, for the most part: Arrive at launch. Wait their turn. Pull onto the ramp. Park. Unstrap boat. Float it off. Tie it up. Drive up the ramp and park. All get out and carry down an item. One or more go back for a second item. All get in at the same time. Off they go, talking amongst themselves about why people seem unfriendly.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"