That’s pretty funny BK. I worked (I’m retired) with a surgeon originally from SE MN who is a very serious fisherman. He also told me the Minnesotans’ version of Iowans at the boat ramp. About the same as yours..😮 🙂

I have learned to get everything! ship-shape in the parking lot and even give a little extra slack to the securing strap — not too much as I have rollers. Get the trailer-fender water level to just float the boat, release strap and chain and push to end of the dock and secure. Don’t even start it. The docks where I do this are long enough that I don’t hold up traffic coming or going.

Dash up to the truck and get off the ramp to the lot.

On return, I don’t get the trailer quite as quite deep and run the boat up on the rollers just high enough that
it doesn’t slide off. Hook and winch a few turns and get it out to the lot where I reorganize.

The defense rests its case. 😀

Crossing the bridge at Chamberlain a couple years ago, on the west side there is a ramp on the north end of the bridge and there lay a very, very nice, bigger boat — in the higher 20’s I’m sure — scuttled on its side on the concrete ramp. Somebody had had a bad boat day..

There is no doubt two guys who know what they are doing get in and out about as fast an an Indy 500 pit stop.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 06/10/21.