Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Phil,

All of which begs the question: Why did Ruger apparently spend a LOT of time and money field-testing and otherwise putting together the African model (which they got absolutely right) and apparently none of the same field time and consulting money on the Alaskan model?

JB

JB and Mr. Shoemaker,

As a fan of your published works (JB I just shelled out $4.99 to disregard an entire magazine to only read your article, and Mr. Shoemaker I go after your articles like a junkie goes after heroin) and as a member in the brotherhood of 375Ruger fans, I request assistance from you two in rectifying this Hogue stock fiasco. My needs are simple and are for the betterment of mankind:

I would like the two of you to convince Ruger to revamp the current mkII "All Weather" stock so that it exactly matches the shape and contour of the current "African" stock. This single move would vault the "Alaskan" into the heavens to a plain never reached before by mortal man with a production rifle. In addition, this same stock would be a marvelous option for the "African".

I fully expect you two shakers and movers to get this done ASAP and I fully expect to see some results shortly. If not, I then must assume that neither of you have any juice and are but mortal men and are in fact not the gods we pretend you are.

One last thing, I'd like you to have LEU come out with a new 3X scope by the end of 2008 so that I may add this to my 375Ruger in addition to this new stock.

Thanks, from the man who bankrolls your lavish lifestyles $4.99 at a time,

GVA

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood