I have not ask my daughter about where she hit the bear her client ask her to shoot after he hit it but she said it didn't move far as it was hit correctly on the first shot. my last client hit his big bear solidly through the chest also but it was in very thick cover and ran so as it crossed a small opening I hit it in front of the hind leg and the bullet exited the off-side chest. Both bullets gave complete penetration.
I won't say the 350 Woodleighs are particularily any better than say 270 TSX or 300 Partitions on the basis of one big bear but they certainly did a great job. The bear didn't travel 30 yards.

Another of my hunters was using a 375 H&H and 300 Sierra BT bullets and placed four of them into the chest of another large ( 27 1/2" B&C) boar and it just staggerd around and really never moved. Two bullets were found just under the hide on the off side of the chest - perfectly mushroomed.
Those basically were the highlights of this year's season.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.