It's all about attempting to communicate.

Being human, our individual personalities come into play, making the conversation difficult or even impossible to understand.

From the speaker's perspective, some who are considerate, actually begin by listening to or already knowing, the level of the intended recipient(s) and adjusting their vocabulary so as to not confuse or embarrass the listener(s) while successfully conveying information.

Others, as pointed out earlier, intentionally speak at another level in order to impress, browbeat, or just plain annoy others. For these folks the technical term "ass-hat" applies.

I've always been taught that words matter. Words have power to create, convey, damage, or even destroy. I've always tried to be as precise as possible when I speak or write for I despise miscommunication. Life seems a whole lot easier when I can accurately communicate with people.

One of my favorite quotes is; "The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has actually taken place." George Bernard Shaw

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell