First, if the oh so benevolent government is handing out money like they have been, the government should be refunding the fees paid for what the government subsequently prohibited, in reality as a practical matter if not explicitly. Secondly, the next negotiations should be between the businesses involved in the B2B transactions Shockey referenced. Those outfitters shouldn't be left holding the bag alone on lodging, etc. that they didn't utilize. Then, what about insurance the outfitters carry to mitigate loss - do any of those policies help pay for the shortfall?

Only after all other means to recoup funds are exhausted, and the outfitter should be able to explain everything he did, should the business providing an agreed-upon service go to the customer seeking more money. The inflation issue makes sense that I think everyone can relate to, and I think most customers would be willing to add some additional compensation to cover inflation. However, most people are going to see business expenses as business expenses and part of what a business owner has to manage to stay in business. Shockey mentions all the additional costs that "full- time" outfitters may have, but the increased size of the busines means the risks taken on by the owners increase, too. Any business that is contemplating asking customers to pay again (double) for the same goods or services they haven't received yet probably should just shut their doors.

An additional option is to add species such as birds, varmints, and fish that can be used to help bring additional revenue at no or minimal additional costs. I really think an inflation surcharge to cover increased expenses and offering add-ons should be what the outfitters focus on with their customers. Most people would probably consider paying another 20% or so under the circumstances, especially if they are getting "more," but 40% more for something you've already paid for and not received would be hard to swallow unless you're getting more than what you originally paid for. The outfitters will also need to increase their margins for future hunts to make up the 2020-21 shortfall. It's time for the outfitters to get creative.