Roundoak, I've been reading here long enough to know that your hunters know what they are doing drive wise and you guys kill some terrific animals over there. The old guys in our camp were calling the shots and because we had pretty inexperienced guys making the drives, they insisted that like a lot of camps everybody barked like dogs or made as much noise as possible to scare the deer and to keep us all in line. We even had a guy who would shoot up half a box of '06's every drive because according to him, that really scared the deer. Talk about screwing up the peace and tranquility of what a lot of people posting are looking for in a hunting experience! No doubt those big bucks go nocturnal and need a push to get them on their feet, but how we did it was pretty ineffective and other hunters never wanted to be in the same woods with us. I also remember one time when I was driving my Blazer down a logging road when guys were just finishing up a drive and a doe came running out between me and a stander. It made my blood run cold when I saw him pull up about to cut loose on that deer. The difference in the number of shots that you hear today vs. back in the driver days tells you that most guys are stationary one and done hunters instead of the volleys of shots that we heard back in the '70's when everyone had a 742 Remington.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory