we've had discussion on boats multiple times on here.

really like my older flat bottom bass tracker with a tiller motor but we took it out on a larger lake with waves and it left me thinking maybe I should consider something a littler more suited to that.

I'd like a console, electric start, maybe 50HP if it fits the boat, welded aluminum but I'd be happy with a 20 - 25 especially if its Yamaha, Honda or Suzuki. I'd prefer 4 stroke. For whatever reason I'm just not a fan of fiberglass.

Pricing is all over the place and I'm not really brand specific - I don't know , maybe I should be. My budget isn't very large - I'm looking for about a $3K - $3.5K so its probably going to be a tracker type boat similar to what I have now - late 80's, maybe early to mid 90s model. No live well or any niceties. I don't see me finding a Lund in that price range with the setup I want.

I'm not in a hurry but when I find the right one I'm going to jump, if a good boat comes up on a craigslist or other platform, its gone in a matter of hours. I lost out on a good one with a Yamaha engine 2 days ago because I farted around and didn't try to call until later. Saturday a guy put an electric start Yamaha motor out on Facebook marketplace for $250, it sold in less than 2 hours. Guy had a Honda 9.9 for $200, same story - you have to setup alerts for what you want , check your email regularly and act on it if you want to get something that isn't junk or pay thru the nose for it.

I think price wise, if I get one with the built in aluminum row seats (I don't know , maybe they all have that) and then add the wood flooring , wiring, etc I'm going to get the most bang for my buck.

Be interested in hearing other approaches if someone thinks I'm off base.

One thing I've noticed - the Bayliner Capri - what is up with that boat? people are selling them all over the place, I read the horror stories about them, especially the gelcoat, but the market is flooded with people selling them at prices that make you think for that price if you get a summer skiing or zipping around out of it, its worth it.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/06/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings