I don't think its the Bayliner hull you need to be concerned with nearly so much as the engine. Force motors weren't good, and still aren't. Bayliners are around because they sold a ton of them in the 80's and 90's...and lots are still around. They were made in Pipestone MN, perhaps elsewhere, and they did a nice job. I was in the market for a boat mid 90's. Bayliner didn't have a model I was interested in, but I was looking at Yar-Craft. Dealer had both on the floor, and I noted the waves in the side of the hull of the "premium" boat. The Bayliner had none of that, straight as a pin, and I said so. The guy said he thought he could sell more of the Bayliners if they'd change the motor and increase the price.

Anyway, good luck in your search. You'll find something. The guy selling the boat you want isn't likely on FaceCrap and has never heard of Craigslist. You might go and get 40 individual wallet size portraits of Benjamin Franklin and drive around boating country til you see what you like parked by the side of the road with a For Sale sign on it. I've often thought of doing that in Minnesota and Wisconsin whenever the urge for a 16' Lund strikes me. So far I've resisted but one of these springs, I'll give in.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"