Originally Posted by fgold767
yeah can't spell today....had the pfizer shots in January and February...yesterday took the ambulance ride to local er....and boy oh boy....yep...got the big bad covid...feel like siitt....at leas the temp is down some today....ain't life grand! NO idea where I got it.

Sorry to hear that.

Just because you got the jab, it doesn't mean you converted antibodies. Vaccines (or whatever you want to call these, I don't care) are not 100% effective and never without complications for a select few.

You may not have converted antibodies. Doesn't alwys happen to a sufficient level.

You may have another respiratory virus they are calling Covid.

You may have some mutant strain that your immune system didn't recognize

Your jab may not have been administered properly (happens)

You could have gotten your dose from a dud vial (it happens)

350 million doses have been given in this country alone. Pfizer being over 50% of them. Nothing is 100% with vaccines. Te immune response is complicated and delicate and varies greatly from individual to individual.

Whatever the story, I wish you a complete and speedy recovery !

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo