Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Of course case have dropped. No matter what, it had to burn through, regardless of what man did.

This is true!

I've studied the last five respiratory pandemics

1889 Russian Flu
1918 Spanish Flu
1957 Asian Flu
1969 Hong Kong Flu
2010 H1N1

Common thread is they last about 18 ± months. H1N1 circled around for a short encore. Spanish Flu may have lingered in the far flung reaches of globe longer because it arrived in US and Europe first, and it took awhile to cover the globe from there.

Numbers do not grow geometrically, but rather logarithmically eventually shooting up like jet until 60% or more of the population is exposed, and then numbers will crash. That peak is at about 14± months. Number were going to go down starting this Spring with or without the vax.

Now, has the vax hasten the numbers crash? Logic says it should, but we really won't know until this is all over and studied, meaning 5 years from now we will know more.

Even with the numbers crashing, the virus is still out their hunting hosts. If you don't have antibodies, you can still get it. If you get it, it may be nothing more than a head cold, it might knock you down bedridden with a fever for a few days, it could hospitalize you, or you might just die. I have had members of my extended family in different parts of the country with each of those outcomes.

The problem every world leader had was they could not say "just let it run its course". Same as Herbert Hoover in 1929 "Just let the market correct itself". Political suicide. Once people buy into the fear, they seek somebody who will ally their ears and make them feal understood and protected. Hence the neverous ninny Dems buying into masks and the lockdown. "We have to do something!"

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo