Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by antlers
If I get out that way, and if it’s cool enough, I wanna sit right there and drink a beer at that fire pit.

You got it.......

I'm buying.......Bud Lite........

T/storms have brought evening temps down...

Manti Range got hammered yesterday....the Swell too.........

Unusual monsoon pattern this summer....high pressure moved east

Storms come up from AZ.......

I'm just north of CR NP

This Storm system swept threw Our Community in Arizona and washed out 4 roads.
One of the video clips our Board of directors sent us was over 60 ft wide who knows how deep.
Our Volunteers jumped on it with in hours of the storm moving out and fixed 1 major road so people and contractors could get out.
The Storm swept threw again with in 24 hour and took their work out.
They were back on it hours after that one past and they are fixing the roads every day until they get them fixed.
Our Board of Directors are having meetings on how and where to do permanent improvements like Culverts , Drainage and Spill Walls to slow the damage down when systems like this run threw our Community.
I happily pay the fee and I am a year ahead on that payment.
With out the POA I would not be able to get in and out of my property
Our Board only doe Road stuff nothing about our personal property's.
There have been some members of our Community that want to rule everyone and everything they do.
I fight them and so do others. Nazi's are everywhere you just need to fight them.

Being dependent sucks.

I have a 9 1/2 mile of hills and curves to drive to get away from everyone.
When I go to my property i hear maybe 3 vehicles in 3 weeks.
You call me paying my POA dependency.
I have a small tractor I guess I could box blade the road myself every time I go up there. That 9 1/2 miles of road would probably take me a week or two to make it passable if no one up there did it for me.
I gladly pay the Dues.
I do not consider it dependence.
I also have a 1 ton 4 X 4 I pull a Gooseneck with to get supply's up to my property to build my place up.
It would sure Suck to have to fix the road in areas every time I went up there.
I will be going up in a week or so and those roads will be open for me not to waste any time on for my own projects.
People are Dependent on the Gooberment for Road Maintenance. Our Community does not pay the Gooberment so we pay to Maintain it our selves.
I feel better paying our POA rather than Paying some Gooberment Bureaucracy that tells me what I can put out on the road and what I can not put out on the road.
Dependency is a frame of mind and who you are really dependent on. I choose as you say to be dependent on a small POA rather than dependent on a big Gooberment.

You defined dependent BTW.

You couldn't access your property unless everyone else chipped in........

It is no different than paying outrageous taxes to have the Gooberment take care of the roads for everyone with a vehicle.
I do have a say in how my POA dues are spent.
They appointed me to the board to fill an open seat for a years. So I got a front row seat on watching how our POA was run and how members of our Community treated the Board.
I am dependent but so it everyone that drives our road to the Gooberment.