Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by BobMt

paying taxes so the county or state can maintain roads so people can accesses their property.....is no different than paying into a hoa to maintain roads in a rural area....but some people like and try to feel superior to others....bob

Except the county doesn't tell me what kind of roof I have to put on my house when this one needs replaced, or that I can't have the dumpster out front of the shed so the truck can pick it up once a month or so, or where I can put my chicken Gulag, or that I can't have El Feo the Gorgeous rooster out there fertilizing eggs like nature intended, or that I can't park my tractor where the neighbots can see it from the road.............and so on and so on.

I'd rather pay our county and have the snowplow come out when needed and not have them in a whole lot of the rest of our business.

Exactly. If you live in an HOA, that doesn't mean you don't pay taxes for road maintenance lol.

I get it, there are some places it's impossible to buy a piece of ground without it being in one. And some HOA's are very limited in scope and that could make a property really attractive. Especially if it keeps out the whiskey tangos and whatnot. But outside of really wanting to live in a certain area that had no other options I would have a really hard time swallowing my pride and bowing my head. I value my free time, and if I'm paying the note and taxes on a place I'll paint it whatever fugking color I want.

I have buddies that have very benign HOA's, and I have more buddies that have had serious issues with theirs. If I were rich and lazy as fugk, I would maybe like the security of it. Hell, hire a security team and put a fence around that bitch. Then I can lay my head down at night in peace and tranquility. As long as my pillow and comforter match the prescribed design pattern. And sleep when I'm allowed to, so long as I don't snore louder than is delineated in the by-laws. Do the elected HOA board member really get to choose which random wife to fugk or is that only in the Mormon HOA's?

MAGA