I never killed anyone but did save 2 different people. The first was pulling a trapped teenager out of a burning car after an accident. I came on the scene and there was 1 person left in a wrecked car and his leg was stuck between the front and back seat. The car slid off the road and struck a utility pole in back of the passenger side door. The door was missing and I could see the kid who must have been in shock just sitting there as the flames were licking up over the door opening from underneath the car. I knew it was now or never and I wasn't going to watch him burn. I climbed into the car and ripped his legs out from between the seats. I pushed him out the back window which had been blown out from the crash and then climbed back out through the door opening. It was winter and I had snow pants on which helped to protect me from being burned. It seemed like I was in the car for a long time but in actuality it was probably less than 20 seconds. Within a few seconds from getting him out the total car was enveloped in flames and black smoke. The second save was also in winter. A person I know fell through thin ice while ice fishing. He had been in for about 5 minutes and had tried to climb out but the ice kept breaking. He was just about to go under and I crawled out on my belly and pushed my fishing sled out to him. He was able to hook his arm over the sled and I crawled back onto thicker ice and pulled a long rope I tied on the sled and slid him out.

living the good life every day