Originally Posted by BC30cal
gunzo;
Good afternoon to you sir, thanks for the story from the production shop.

I've had a couple instances at work where after the fact I found out employees had done time for killing someone.

As you say, some folks have a fuse and maybe a broken off switch, you know?

I knew this chap as a friend of a friend sort of thing, well enough that we'd recognize each other and say hello, but not much more. He was a pretty good sized fellow but had a quiet voice and was super polite whenever I'd talked to him.

Anyways buddy always said you didn't want to get this fellow rolling in a scrap because his off switch was broken. He especially had an issue where women were concerned.

Fast forward a couple years out of high school and this fellow sees a guy beating on a woman on the sidewalk.

He stops his car, rolls down the window and suggests the guy stop doing that.

The fellow said - more or less - "Why don't you come over here and make me?"

Buddy got out and beat him to death on the sidewalk then and there.

I want to say he did manslaughter and not much of it at that as he was a model prisoner and the guy he'd killed was a malignant rectal orifice/known to police sort of societal specimen.

I don't believe I've seen him since then, but imagine he'd still be a quiet and polite fellow to me, but admittedly that's a guess.

Anyways, there's as close a story as I'll put onto the ether space for Jud. wink

All the best all.

Dwayne

I was interviewing a potential new hire one time, guy was extremely qualified. Towards the end he says, “full disclosure, I served 5 years on felony charges, but got my life back together since”
I said, you mind telling me what you were convicted of? Guy says, with completely straight face “ I raped my last boss”. Sits there like a statue for what has to be the most awkward 30 seconds in my life….
Then busts out laughing and says “I’m just kidding, [bleep] you should see your face right now!” Hired the guy and he kept me laughing for the entire 5 years he worked for me.