Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
My Dad and I went to a Sept 2020 gun show and we both caught it. Dad lasted maybe two weeks, when I went into the unit to tell him he wasn't getting off vent, he was gone in less than 20 hours. I had no symptoms I can pin on, I was on a road trip and might have had just the tiniest "east side snots" but I normally get those when I leave western Montana for someplace not forested. Always takes a couple days for my head to adjust, this was totally expected, completely normal.
Did test positive on return from the trip, which is part of the reason the hospital let me in for one last debrief. I also got the J and J one-shot in May, no sides. Not concerned about myself, but can't get myself to put others at risk even if I apparently am not at risk.

That's an unfortunate turn of events. It's just as unfortunate knowing that having the vaccine is no guarantee that you won't infect another.

I just reread that and it might appear a little harsh at the end, but I assure you it was not meant as so. I just wanted to clear that up. My only point was that getting the vaccine is pretty much a guarantee of nothing, unfortunately.