Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Originally Posted by Dale K
I'm a blood donor. Sometime between July 2020 (neg for antibodies) and January 2021 (positive for antibodies), I had covid. My best guess is that what I thought was my usual sinus infection (lots or green/yellow crud from the nose) was actually covid. I didn't lose taste or smell, temp was normal, no shortness of breath. My appetite was off for a few days and I lost about 5 lbs. but that was it. That was early November but ???

Dale

Does not sound like covid to me based on my experience & what others have shared. (due to very productive cold symptoms) were you tested?

No, I wasn't tested. In November 2020, I thought it was a sinus infection, same as I have had other times. And maybe that's all it was. But that's the ONLY time I was sick in that time frame between July and January. Like I said, best guess is...

Maybe I was completely asymptomatic and had it at some other time, I don't know. What I do know is that the Red Cross is testing donated blood for covid antibodies. My blood was negative for antibodies in July 2020 and positive for them in January 2021. I have not been vaccinated. Ergo, I had the disease and got the antibodies the old fashioned way by contracting the disease and then recovering. Oh, and my Dr. concurs so despite me not suffering with symptoms like yours, I had the disease.

Dale

This space for rent