Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by Hastings
No to hogs, opossum, skunk, predators with fur or feathers, canines, felines, coons, armadillo, crows, rodents, bugs, alligators. Never shot a bear, but wouldn't eat that. Did I mention hogs? Now then if I was in a Donner or Alferd Packer camp condition I would eat it all. I do eat chicken which I guess could be a predator. Try to follow Moses' dietary rules fairly closely.
Fall blackie feeding on blueberries is fine eats.
Hogs taste good also but they eat nasty stuff and bears will eat carrion and just about anything. Trichinosis is fairly common in bears and coons. I know you can kill trichinosis worms by cooking but I just avoid carrion eaters. Alligators and turtles are the worst in fresh water and we all know oysters filter fecal matter for food. If you want to bait crawfish use bad smelling dead fish or meat. Can you imagine the water conditions shellfish from China are raised in. Jewish dietary law actually has a lot of good health reasons behind their prohibitions. As did a good many of their other restrictions. Some I don't understand such as mixing 2 different fibers in cloth or 2 different seeds in a crop.

I don't think that's a health reason and possibly not of physical practicality. I believe that it's an OT. symbolic reminder.

Q: What do the shepherds raise the lambs for?
A: Sacrifices, food and clothing.

Q:. Who was the first shepherd?
What did his sacrifice represent?
What did his brother's represent?
Which one was accepted by God.?

Answer these questions and it may shed light on the O.T. command about mixing of the wool with plant fibers.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 07/29/21.