I used to run a trapline when I was a kid and we targeted coyotes, foxes and bobcats. All we took were pelts to sell so we never kept the meat. We would catch a few coons, muskrats and beaver and could give those to people that would eat them. I have eaten bobcat since then and wish I had kept the meat but I was a kid and that was how I got spending $$$.

The only thing I have actively hunted that wasn't eaten was a Vaal Rhebok in South Africa. After I shot it and had it skinned for a lifesize mount the PH told me they would leave the carcass in the field, which was unusual since they always took the meat back to camp on other animals. I asked why and the PH took out a knife and sliced into a hind quarter and it was crawling with worms in the meat. PH told me they a host for a fly larvae and that they all had them in the meat and that they are the only small antelope in Africa that is not utilized. If I had known that beforehand I wouldn't have shot it but it was already skinned when I found out.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!