"why do you love dogs?"

That's a good question, and caused me to actually have to stop and think for a minute. (I know, if you read any of my postings, you'll agree, that's a rarely displayed trait...)

I think that maybe as a little fellow, I must have loved our first dog, a "Heinz 57" of a shaggy, gentle, always smiling dog named Champagne, and somewhere along the line, I came to believe that she kinda liked me back, a little bit anyhow. Then our next dog, Mox, a large GSD military working dog reject from the Aberdeen Proving Grounds (circa; 1967-68 or so), he was a giant, monster of a boy, he'd play with me, no holds barred, he was a cool dog. I remember when he wrapped me to the clothes line pole with his chain, that smartass. He would quietly roam the whole house all night, and I remember he would brush my hand with his coat when he toured my room. That fuqker had a mission, and reject or not, he was a K9 on watch.

Fast forward 50 years, my current Collie boy is so grateful to be home after a week in the kennel while Mrs OMC and I looked for a house in TN, he is beside himself, and clearly going out of his way to be my "best boy" in every way he can, I guess to make darn sure we won't ever leave him for good. He's a rescue, and he's kinda jacked up about stuff like that...
Well hell, I missed him too.

How he see's himself;
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

How he actually is in real life;
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 07/31/21.