Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Houston1: If I were starting out Varmint and predator Hunting today instead of 64 years ago (I started "Varminting" when I was 10!) instead of buying dozens and dozens of Rifles/cartridges in various configurations over those 6+ decades I would stick with ONE cartridge and that would be the 204 Ruger!
PERIOD!
The 204 Ruger in my experience and estimation is THE finest "all-around" Varmint and predator cartridge there is.
Again, PERIOD!
I Hunt Varmints and predators year round at all hours of the day and night and I have yet to find something "I" need done that the 204 Ruger cartridge doesn't accomplish with aplomb.
AND... the 204 Ruger is simply "inherently" accurate - combine that with a very FLAT trajectory and no recoil and there you have it.
Plus I am finding the 204 Ruger is pleasingly easy on barrels!
I currently own and shoot 10 (ten) heavy barrel Rifles in caliber 204 Ruger and every one of them has easily attained excellent accuracy.
I have been using the 204 Ruger since it first came on scene and I am convinced it is tops in the "all-around" Varmint and predator category.
The past 17+ years Hunting predators and Varmints with the 204 Ruger has convinced me and many people I have recommended it to that it is indeed an exceptionally good choice for those endeavors!
Best of luck to you if you decide to try a Rifle in 204 Ruger.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I feel I should expound just a touch on the low recoil of the 204 Ruger - it enhances my Colony Varminting to see where the bullet impacts on longer shots and that is easily accomplished with the 204 Ruger - much easier and more often than even when I use my 223 Remingtons and other "light recoiling" Rifles calibers.

So, For myself, not knowing a lot about this Caliber, I sure have gotten educated pretty Fast, as I did look up the Cartridge Ballistics, and History, in Frank Barnes Book!
Having all the Varmint guns that I've Always needed, it surely does intrigue me!

Thanks for the Education Guys!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!