Originally Posted by vmax204
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Vmax204: Thats an interesting observation there with your experience using the heavier 40 grain V-Max and the lack of pelt damage!
One reason I chose the 32 grain bullets was my possibly erroneous assumption that the smaller 32 grain bullet would be less likely to "travel on through" Coyote and Bobcat bodies/hides.
Thanks for your learned input.
I was down to the local gun shop today and NO 20 caliber bullets on the shelves so no choices.
Hope things turn around somehow in the future on loading components of all kinds.
Long live the 204 Ruger.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The 32 gr bullets are very explosive and cause quite a splash if you hit a shoulder blade or spine. They must have a thinner jacket as I've had several 32 gr. Nosler Varmageddon turn to dust not far out of the barrel so I found the 40 gr. Vmax to be the better bullet and much more reliable. The 40's handle the wind a lot better as well. I call so most of my shots are inside 150 yds but I have taken the odd one out to 370 yds. At my age I would much rather get them in close where I don't have to walk across a field to pick them up.

I agree with you on the 32gr Nosler Varmageddon, I am quite new to the 204 RUGER but these were the first bullets I found to load with and had several blow-ups.
For me though I have no interest in the 40's, if I'm going to shoot 40's I would rather use a 222 or 223. where the 204 shines is with the 32gr bullets at 4000fps !!!!!!!!!!! I had good results with the 32gr VMax and Blitzking but in my rifle the 32gr Ballistic Tip was the accuracy champ and constructed much better than the Varmageddon