Originally Posted by Cascade
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by drover

I found that afer 2500- 3000 rounds of 204 I saw about the same erosion with it as I do with 4000-4500 rounds with my 223's.

Interesting.I have a .204 but only have about 1600 rounds through the barrel and I was wondering how long it will hold up. I expected to see it starting to cough at about 2500 to 3000 rounds and your info kinda confirms that.I suppose it will puke some time after that.

Ya, I bought the 204 years ago because it was new and different and FAST. And I really like the little cartridge. It's been awfully fun - but when the barrel goes... I just might replace it with a 223 barrel for the practicality. I dunno. smile

I don't do enough varmint shooting to wear it out anytime soon. Meanwhile it does a fine job on rockchucks & such. Coyotes? Ya. I'd like to smack a bobcat with it too, but I haven't made that happen yet.

Guy

An example of one isn't much of an example, but I have shot a Bobcat with my 204, an identical 204 to TWR's it looks like. This Bobcat was at a shade over 225yds. and I was using a 37gr. CRT bullet. Had a light cross wind so held just a bit off center hoping to allow for the cross wind. Bullet hit exactly where I was aiming. So much for bullet drift in an approximate 10 mph cross wind.
The 204 ranks right up there with my favorite round, the 17 Rem, enough so that I am getting ready to rebarrel a 223 to a 204.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]