Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Buy low, sell high, be patient in between. Simple

Simply complicated right Norm? smile

Listen to those that can.... my advice

Invest within your means and it is super simple! Don't for get to always Do Your Own Homework!

An honest question MCH, with all that's transpired how do you know the info you research is correct?

I guess the same way you do research on anything else and accept it as correct. All investments have a little bit of a gamble built in. I see things moving away from proof of work, to Proof of Stake.Which makes it a lot harder and costly to corrupt the Blockchain. Personally I have been watching what the big investment houses have been doing. Not that they are clean, but they are paid on performance for the most part. I think they are very cautious moving into the Crypto sector. I think more importantly is to not get greedy and try to push it, that is where I see most people make fatal errors in any means of investing. I recover my initial investment and let the rest ride, I am not looking for the BIG HIT. But at the same time I'll ride with house money.

People told me I missed the market here in the Bitterroot in real estate yet I did my research, tracked trends, searched out buys that showed upside and was patient. I am not killing it but I have made some money on a parcel of land and built equity with other peoples money in a Duplex. That Duplex has appreciated over $130K in six years. I'll take those scraps all day everyday.

There is no get rich quick or easy way. It's work, a grind, and time consuming but pays off. There is Risk in everything, it comes down to how much risk you are willing to accept. Investing within your means should dictate your level of risk. Invest what you can afford to lose.

One last thing Crypto isn't just a currency. Major corporations run on Blockchains. So there is value outside of currency.

Thanks MCH for taking the time to answer my question. I am still trying to wrap my head around the whole block chain thing. Seems the government will only let it go so far.
As for researching stocks I am also puzzled how these "zombie" companies that show no profit can trade for billions? guess that is why I stick with real estate that I own & control.
So far so good, despite the crazy stuff the government is doing.

If you think you actually own that real estate, try skipping a property tax payment.

Lol.... yes I understand that.
It does cause some concern... but I have a plan... raise rents.... inflation... raise rents... rinse and repeat... the rub comes when you can no longer raise the rents.
Therefore a hedge is required.... kinda like a plan "B" wink

I wasn't knocking you. Real estate is one of the best investments I am aware of. I was just making the point that one never really owns it.