Back in the magnum era I got the notion that I needed to buy one. So I ordered up a Weatherby Mark V Accumark in 270 wby. I’m a eastern whitetail and hog hunter then and now. So I go up to LGS to pick up my new Accumark and the guy at the counter mentions he has a NIB Mark V deluxe in 300 wby. Well what could be better than one magnum than two. So how could I pass up the great deal. I walk out with both rifles.
I scope up and zero in. They both are a pretty good handful for me to shoot but I manage to shoot some nice groups. I only had to hunt with them a few times before I was wishing I had my old lighter easier to handle standard caliber rifles with 22 inch barrels. Before the end of that year I had put the magnums in the safe and started hunting again with my standard cal rifles. There is a place for those magnums im sure but not in the eastern deer woods. I should cut loose of them but for whatever reason I just never have. Maybe it's to remind me not to jump on every band wagon that comes along.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.