Tarquin, FWIW, you indicate you're from Idaho. Current population around 2 million, +/-. Same as Florida when I was a rug rat. We have about 22 million these days and that has put a serious crush on our water resources. So what? Well, water, both inland and near shore seas are the largest single contributor to the state's annual gross product, bringing in around $600+ billion/year. Second place is agriculture at around $100 billion/yr. I don't think it prudent to sacrifice #1 to benefit #2 if there are alternatives, and there are quite a few. When a system gets stressed one ought not keep on doin' what they've been doing. We are a land of innovation when challenges arise, and we are faced with a serious problem down here in the swamps.

And 98% of the environuts are perfectly stupid.

While I'm at it, what do you think we should use for fuel when the world runs out of oil? I like hydrogen myself. Lots of it around and lots of bounce to the ounce. Will people that have bad accidents run risk of being in the middle of a fireball? Yep. Do I care? Nope. I just have no desire to hike out to Salmon to visit at my age.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain