I don't shoot Brownings that well either and prefer my Italian guns, I shoot them a lot better. That is common many seem to shoot one or the other better.

I have a BUL but in 12 and while I have shot grouse with it reserve it for pheasant in SD. Have shot the 20 BUL but it is just a bit too wimpy for me, and long. Have 2 Dickinson Plantation Sporters and they are good guns but use them for clays they are built for that. But wouldn't pass on a field model in 16 if it came my way at a decent price.

The new Sweet 16 A5 is a great grouse gun but a real tall drink of water to carry in the grouse woods. I think of it as my Benelli Ultralight in 16. Ended up having Briley cut it down to 23" and Mark Larson reshape that steep radius grip to a round knob. Now it is a proper grouse gun. After Briley took care of the barrel length for me it is now as long as my Ithaca 37 26" 16 ga. guns and I shoot it as well as those which I grew up with and shoot well.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

My favorite grouse gun as of late is the F.A.I.R. Iside. You can find them on Guns International or Gunbroker. Cole Guns and Lion Country Supply also carries them but they sell fast when they come in. Several of my friends have them from 28 ga. to 12 ga. with most in16 ga. Mine is 16 ga. of course. Because ruff prefers to be shot with purple shells.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Snow came early last year on the North Shore and didn't leave until a couple of months ago, or so it seems. You better hurry, the season is almost here!