What you say about a single dealer owning all the dealerships in a huge area is the case in many places.

When I bought my 100hp Case, I did so from a dealer like that. They own all Case dealerships withing over 100 miles.

Ended up that I had a defective front end bolt assembly which, when it fails, pretty much causes the front wheel to disconnect and fall off, or catch on fire due to the front end being filled with gear oil when it's causing friction when failing. I experienced both type failures. Second time, the front end caught on fire. eek (Luckily, I always carry a fire extinguisher mounted on my tractors)

It was just out of the main part of the factory warranty, but CNH had a Service Bulletin out on the issue.

I went to the dealer and requested they get the factory rep involved, and fix the problem. The dyke service manager said, no... Out of warranty is out of warranty. OK.

Had the problem fixed and documented at the New Holland dealer, and sued CNH North America.... And won.

I wouldn't piss on that dealer who turned their back on me, if they were on fire. mad

That tractor has the bugs worked out of it, and is a good tractor now. But the dealer makes all the difference.

Glad you got the trade made, and I hope you have many good days on the new one!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!