Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Starbuck

Look at it this way, if they could kill so many, many more than the quota in a matter of hours, isn't it more likely that the population estimate was way low than it is that they somehow managed to kill off a third or half of an entire population within a few hours? Northern WI is heavily forested. Parts of it are big country. The season only ran a few days. It's just preposterous to me that claims that the population was devastated after last year are taken seriously by any sort of objective arbiter.

↑↑↑↑
This.

We've got some awfully good hunters in the state but not so good to tumble that many wolves in such a short period of time.
If I manage a tag this year, I'd love to be able to call them at night but I'll probably enlist some acquaintances with dogs.

Also agree on the deer numbers in the northwoods. It's downright pathetic - so much so that I sold my cabin/land 5 years ago.

Skane, you did the right thing by selling. I have a cabin about 3 miles from Skane. It is through the woods however. It is loaded with wolves. This spring there were wolf tracks all over the place. I'm likely putting mine up for sale too. It is not even worth the taxes to have land up there , not to mention the work and the money sitting there if I do sell. Also, those guys with the 300 acres down the road sold just last week.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23