Originally Posted by ihookem
I have not see a buck during the gun season , including several muzzleloading seasons since 2009, and my son has not seen one since 2012. We hunt it all weekend and many times the next week and even muzzleloader season sometimes. It really is that bad in NW WIsconsin for deer hunting.

Yep. It's gotten pretty bad. Such a shame. All that beautiful country to roam and there's just not much for game out there anymore. Our deer hunting group and most others in our area are dwindling. The tradition is slowly dying. Kills me that I'm looking to hunt the southern part of WI or a different state with my kids. Gun season used to be my favorite week of the year. Hunted 4-5 days a week from early November through December ML season for years. This year I might not take time away from work to hunt much more than the opener and a few days ML. Going on more and more western hunts, which, don't get me wrong, is fun, but I absolutely loved hunting big woods whitetails and the tradition and culture that was interrelated with it in WI.