Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Can you retired guys let me in on the secret of how you transitioned from the working world to nothing?

Some people are "retirable" and some aren't. Don't try the "nothing" route if you are the industrious type. It will kill you.

This.

"Nothing" doesn't even equate to me.

I am always busy. Always planning ahead on what project to do next.

Having a ranch, cattle, and a retirement business, as well as places and things to hunt, it stays pretty busy, but I do all of it at my own pace mostly. I don't care much for deadlines.

Yep,

no more workin' for the man. Being around when someone like a service person or delivery is about as deadline oriented as it gets now. And Dr appointments.

Back to being seasonal, like early man I guess. Frost started for good last week, that means taters need dug, garlic needs planting, tender plants need covered every night. In a couple of weeks, strawberries will need thinned and replanted, garden beds rebuilt and filled with compost for the winter.

First cord of firewood was delivered the other day, time to clean up the woodshed from a summer of use as raising chicks to eat, storage of other stuff.

Winter will bring other tasks when it gets here, same for the other seasons.

Just remember, happiness is an inside job. Boredom too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?