Originally Posted by JeffA
Greg,

A lots been said here, it shows how different we all are.

Bits and pieces of it suits me, the bulk of it does not.

I comfortably retired at 43, that was over 20 years ago, I'm a pro at it.
I went back and read your posts here on the Fire, specifically the threads you created to see if there was anything in my background that may interest you.

It left me wondering if you've created this thread just to generate healthy, constructive conversation.

Your interest in firearms and building knives alone could keep a guy pretty occupied.

You have a gorgeous home with way to big of a front yard if that's your place in your "show me your snow pics".

Your family is nearby, you repair their cars, your a man of many talents.
You've only been West of the Mississippi once?
Good gawd man, you've not even scratched the surface of the things to see and do that are within easy reach of you.

Your posts reveal a man with a great sense of humor that many would enjoy having along with their crowd.

Travel is important for me, always has been.

When I first retired I grabbed my camera gear and headed to the Eveglades for a couple of weeks in attempt of avoiding some cold grinding Northwest weather, it took three months to get home.

It was Spring when I did, piddled around the house for a week then pack up and went to Alaska, planned on spending the summer touring about. I just wanted to see why people talked the state up so much.
Four years passed before I saw my home in Montana again.

Be spontaneous, make your retirement an adventure.
Go places and do things that make your kids worry about you.

Don't hang around with old people and never stop creating memories.

That's all I have to add, best wishes, have fun.

Ditto^^^

Great big DITTO^^^

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?