Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Originally Posted by 4MERCHP
Dan certainly made his point.

This is my 20 Gauge, No. 3 Buck, “personal home greeter” for hostile man or beast:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Contrary to myth, a shotgun pattern does not spread sufficiently to allow for careless aim, even from a “sawed-off.”

The spare magazine is loaded with No. 4 Bird Shot, for a quick change-out. Maybe they should be reversed.

Originally Posted by TWR
In my bedroom is a 16” AR loaded with 77 gr SMK’s, an Aimpoint red dot ready to go, a Benelli 21” M1 Super 90 loaded with #4 buck, an M&P45 with a light loaded with 230 gr HST and a G19 loaded with 124 Gold dots, also has a light.

The two occasions I’ve had to grab a gun and search out the “noise” I’ve grabbed my 45. If I was going to stay in my bedroom and make a stand I’d grab the AR.

I’ve known of 2 shootings with a shotgun, one from a front yard to the porch, the other across a kitchen table. Both birdshot and both very fatal. But you pick the best tool for the job.

As with TRW, other assets are kept available, at the ready.

TRW’s choice of shot size shows considerable thought. In a 12 Gauge, No. 4 Buck is preferable to 00 for this use, in my view.

Every day’s an adventure.