Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Scatterguns rule around the homestead for many reasons. #4/5/6 shot....are you ready to rock?

What would those reasons be?

Rick doesn’t have enough bandwidth for me to list them. Some folks know what a scattergun can do and others will never have a clue.

I agree with Dan. A shotgun is very lethal, and a home invasion would be one where distance is very close. A scattergun with the right loads would put any pos to rest.. Even birdshot or 7 1/2 shot intended for clay pigeons would prove deadly as fugg.. Blue doesn't know half of what he pretends to..

As far as damaging your target goes, a shotgun is amazing at close range; say house distance. When I was a teen my friends and I were a threat to seek out inanimate targets if the doves weren’t flying or the squirrels weren’t showing. I can tell you a certain Sweet Sixteen, modified choke, and 6, 7 1/2, or 8 shot will cut down a 4” pine sapling at a surprising distance. At 20’ or so I don’t think a man would walk away with any torso shot. YMMV

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."