I think there's some confusion..

Tommy Guns doesn't buy these guns off of proxibid. Somebody else does, and flips them through Tommy Guns. So I have NO complaints against Tommy Guns selling these guns. He runs a business, he's making money. And I don't care if somebody buys from him.. everybody has the right to spend their money on whatever they want.

But I have a lot of people I consider friends here. If any of them are tempted by Tommy Guns rifles, I think it's a nice thing to do to let them know they can buy the same exact guns for far, far less if they watch the auctions. If they want to. If their life is too busy to watch auctions or they miss one and Tommy gets it, more power to them if they buy from him.

My one pet peeve is probably the misperception that Tommy Guns prices are "market prices". It's obviously true they aren't, since most guns I see him sell I can trace back to a recent "market sale" for far less.

The ONLY reason I even posted that this 99R was sold thru Tommy Guns is because I was talking to a fellow collector on Monday who asked me if Tommy had sold any of John's guns yet. I said I had no idea, but a few hours later because of his comment I noticed that one gun had and so I posted a finished, non-auction sale here. It obviously was of interest, lots of folks commenting. grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com