Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by Calhoun
It shouldn’t require packing reminiscent of delivering nuclear materials to get a package safely thru a common carrier.
It shouldn't but it does.

Plan accordingly.
95% of the time, I can’t. That’s just the truth. You think Roy has been the victim only because he didn’t make the shippers pack guns right? No.

A guy can ask, but in the end almost every seller is going to ship the guns the way they’ve always shipped guns. You’re not going to get Joe Schmoe in a gun or pawn shop to spend 90 minutes constructing a safe shipping continue.

After I hit the post button, on my shipping rant, I stood up and walked into the living room, and just started chuckling. This box was setting on the couch. So, I sat on it. No butt impression, then I put it on the floor and stood on it, no Krock impressions. Not saying who shipped it, but, it did make it from Oregon to MD with no tire tracks or Go-Rilla prints on it. You don't have to go to the welding shop and have a 10 gauge steel box made. Every body says, "I wrapped it in bubble Wrap".. Take a 6' piece of bubble wrap and try to hold it out like a broom stick, you can't. So if your box is stuffed with BW, it will still bend in half. Put 4 broom sticks along the inside of the box, and pack it tight with bubble wrap, then you cant bend the box. I've taken the loppers down in the woods and cut 4, 1" Sassafras poles and put them in boxes. It doesn't take a lot of money, just some thought on how to make it rigid. As was said above, you can't make the shipper do it right. And as Randy just learned, sending a good case ahead, is a "pretty darn good idea."
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin