I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading the thread below about Buffalo bullets. I’m contemplating a Cape Buffalo hunt and want to be prepared. I’ll be shooting my Whitworth 375 H&H. Left to my own choices, I would exclusively shoot 270 grain Barnes TSXs. These have taken Kudu, Nyala, and Black Wildebeest in Africa, and a Caribou in ANWR (rifle carried because of grizzlies). And in the thread on Buffalo bullets, there are very good arguments in favor of the 270 TSX.

But there is a real possibility that the PH will want me to step up to 300 grain bullets and may want solids for follow up. I’ve got a good supply of 300 grain TSXs but only 20 Swift A-Frames. In the past I’ve worked up loads for these that shoot well. I have no solid bullets, and it is clear that many are difficult or impossible to find.

I’d appreciate recommendations for solids so I can start looking to see what is available. The hunt is not imminent, but who knows when or if supplies will return to normal? And I don’t want to be doing load development at the last minute if the PH insists on solids.

Al

Spend your life wisely.