I’m leaving in a few days for a western Tanzania hunt with Alan Vincent on his Mlele concession, which includes 3 buffalo bulls on license. I’m shooting a .416 Hoffman, so not .375 but the principle is the same.

For solids, I’m using 400 grain Cutting Edge. I’ve found then to group within an inch of my other Bullets. I also got Trophy Bonded sledgehammer solids (which I’ve shot before with good results) and Swift Breakaway solids to try. In load testing, the Cutting Edge solids shot well enough that I didn’t shoot either of the other two, but will get around to trying them after I return home. My old .416 load was 2,510 FPS and new load is 2,350. It groups better and is noticeably easier on my surgically repaired shoulder.

On this trip, I’ll be using 3 different Bullets, with the others being Cutting Edge Raptors and Trophy Bonded Bearclaws. I’ve shot buffalo with Bearclaws before and they are great. Haven’t yet tried the Raptors but hear great things about them and my PH is also keen to see how they perform, so we will shoot at least one buffalo with them. Alan wants me to have a Bearclaw for the first shot, to avoid a pass through. Fortunately, both Bullets shoot under an inch in my rifle and group together, so it’ll work easily.

For those of you who get on AR, this is the same hunt as Saeed is posting about right now, though mine will be 16 days, while he’s hunting 21 days. They’ve shot a pile of buffalo so far, over a dozen among the group, in first two weeks. Lots of very old bulls, he tells me.