Tikka. I bought a superlite in 243 a few days ago, a couple M+ magazines, some Talley lightweights, and mounted a mechanically centered VX3i 3.5-10x40. I mounted it all up, loaded some 95gr NBTs at .5 under max and went to the range.

Removed the bolt and found the target in the bore, looked into the scope to find the crosshairs a couple inches high and left. Did a SWAG worth of clicks and the first round hit 1 inch high at 12 o’clock. Moved the target from 50 to 100 and fired 4 rounds into a quarter size group at about 1 1/2 high at 12. Fired one round at 200 and hit the center of the target. 6 rounds and I’m zeroed.

Got off the bench and the rifle points great and holds steadier than a rifle of that weight should. Never missed a single time on steel plates ranging from 4 to 6 inches seated using shooting sticks or prone off a pack.

That’s not extensive load workup or anything, but why would I need to put more effort and money into a rifle that already shoots well enough to hit any deer out to 400 yards?