Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Browning X Bolt. The one I own is consistently accurate with factory loads or hand loads. 3/4" MOA I wouldnt hesitate to buy another one.

What model did you buy that was under a grand ????????????

Bud's has them

I'm not a fan, but to be fair, I've not seen an A-Bolt nor X-Bolt that didn't shoot lights out.

I've seen an xbolt3 that shot like [bleep] until I bedded it. The xbolt3 doesn't come bedded like most other brownings. After bedding it shot as good as anything I've ever shot
Originally Posted by drover
I have liked Tikkas for many years and every one that I have, and have had, were excellent in respect to quality but I am really surprised that they have turned out to be such a favorite in this thread.

drover

I'm one more vote for the tikka as well! Maybe not the prettiest but the most usable. IME tikkas are less susceptible to environmental change than any other rifle under $1000. They have always gone bang and hit where I aim. They also have by far the highest quality machine work according to a few gunsmith friends.

Last edited by Trystan; 10/11/21.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field