Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
After shooting my brother's new Tikka I would have to say that is the one... and at 5.5 lbs without scope, I really appreciated it ... may have to look at one in a couple years...

5.5 lbs ???

Lightest one I can find is 5.94 lbs ?

His is the T3X Superlight in a 30-06 and stainless. I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure he said it weighed in around 5.5 lbs without scope, rings, etc.... about 6.5 -7 lbs with his Vortex scope on it... and he said he paid just over $700 for it about a year ago....

Bob

Thanks Bob.

It's hard to know what a Tikka weighs, unless you actually weigh it. Be suspicious of any weight they list.

The lightest rifle in their latest catalog is 2.7kg, or 5.94 lbs.

But if you look at the Superlite in 30-06 they say it weighs 6.1 lbs. Below is a link to a page with the 30-06 Superlite specs. Hit Show More to find the 30-06.

Tikka Superlite specs.

You are probably right, and I'm sure he got his info off some literature or hearsay as neither one of us has a scale to weigh our rifles with- probably a good thing... wink In any case, a very impressive rifle for the money and a lot easier to carry than his 12 lb Winchester Classic 300 Mag... at least I think that is what it weighed... smile

Bob

Whether it is 5.9 or 5.5, still a damn good rifle and choice IMHO. . Very hard to go wrong with a Tikka. I was shooting some of mine today, along with my A7, but that one is a $1,200.00 rifle and not worth consideration. Too bad they discontinued another rifle I was shooting today. A Steven's 200. That one meets all the criteria and outshoots most of the suggestions here. Just sayin.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA