My mother, father, brothers and sister all started taking blood pressure medicine about age 50.

I am 70 and have never taken it.
I had high blood pressure and cured it myself by cutting carbs.

It is thought that when the body produces too much insulin and leptin in response to a higher-carb diet, it causes blood pressure to increase. Hyperinsulinemia raises blood pressure, in part, by decreasing sodium and water excretion in the kidneys, and directly vasocontristing blood vessels.

Years later, my sister is a pharmacist, and is now slim. If she is not fat, she is off the carbs.

Carbohydrates cause; high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, obesity, stokes, and senility.

The American Heart Association are a bunch of quacks or crooks.

The association was criticized for its recommendations of low-fat diets and its "Heart Check Program", which approved unhealthy foods such as processed cereals high in sugar in exchange of a payment. They have misinformed the public on the nature of sodium. Sodium does not affect blood pressure as they state on their website.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps