Originally Posted by slumlord
Surprising to see all of the lisinopril

That was like first generation 2-bit blood pressure med. Doesn’t work all that great and gives patients a persistent wet cough. Anyone I know that’s been on that is on something else now. Like the 1980s wants their meds back.
And HTCZ is garbage, that cheap chit made me black out. Another old class med. Must be a medicare thing.

There are quite a few older medications that still work very well.I suppose you think aspirin isn't any good either although it is still the safes blood thinner person can take.Also a diuretic HTCZ) has been proven to help lower BP with little if any side effects, unless maybe you have BPH.

Originally Posted by joken2

Prescribed Lisinopril, though not for high blood pressure but as an aide to help avoid kidney damage, a common side affect of some other meds I'm taking. I do have the Lisinopril cough but I'm told that the cough and throat irritation is a fairly common side affect of pretty much all in that class of meds.

You might get your doc to let you try Benzonatate (Tesslon Perls) for the cough. They sure help .

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles