Up here journeyman electricians are base salary just about 100k yearly. Other trades near that as well. Add in some overtime and your over 100k no problem. Not bad when school is no hinderance or massive debt.
Nephew asked me about 18 years ago what to do, I told himElectrical. He went to trade school, worked and saved, we flipped a few houses for extra income he bought/sold improved what he lived in I think 3 times now and is not yet 40 with a net worth of 1.4 million. He’s still churning full time for a major commercial electrical contractor and with overtime earns nearly 130k. Darn those trade schools.

As a comparison his older brother of three years took the exact same route and even better doing long stints in the Arctic oil facilities for very good money. That nephew cannot save a dime, nor will work any more than he is forced to. He has zero to his name and net, and only a pension some day to look forwards to. You get what you put in as they say, trades or college. ( unless you get into government )

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.