Started with Pop in the concrete business as forced child labor, one brother a lawyer, the other a doctor (neither wanted anything whatsoever to do with the family concern). I stayed in the business and got the college diploma cause everyone in the family said you had to have it these days (early 70s).

Younger brother (lawyer) went to work as a prosecutor for the IRS, he retired after 30, was always mad that I made more money than him, (no balls, no blue chips) has a comfortable retirement. Older brother (Dr.) is a millionaire and I am thankful everyday I am not him.

His first house in Memphis, he wanted a privacy fence put up, but thought the local contractors were too expensive. He called and asked me if I could get the material and come put one up for him, so I said sure I will work the weekend with a couple of guys and get it done. That Sunday afternoon, his second wife (the nurse that got her Mrs. degree at the hospital he did his residency at) asked me to check the light fixture in the garage, they had asked the homebuilder to look at it, but he had not sent anyone back for a couple of weeks, I asked if they checked to see if there was a bulb in it...they both assured me that was not the problem, I got a ladder and took the globe off and of course there was no bulb...

I paid attention in life, and took 4 years of Vo Ag. learned the basics of welding and electrical, in fact I learned a lot of skills there that I still use all the time. I also took 4 years of math and all the science I could get in high school as well (my Mother was the teacher), CLEPed out of required math at college, (which I paid for myself, no debt at the end). Was out in 3 years from a "second rate" UT school. Over the course of my construction life it did get me a job once in Texas as none of the other applicants had a degree, and all the Chemistry I took has stood me in good stead.

What I see as a need for positions to fill are electricians and certified welders. That and equipment setters/riggers, of course we build steel mills, galvanizing lines and aluminum mills.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA